Join us for our 2018 Winter Market!
Friday November 30, 1:00PM - 6:00PM
Saturday December 1, 10:00AM - 5:00PM
Sunday December 2, 1:00PM - 5:00PM
Celebrate the holidays with The Umbrella! For one weekend a year, The Umbrella transforms into a bustling marketplace with work from over 50 local artists, a small works gallery exhibition, live music and baked goods.
The Umbrella's Studio Artists, faculty and students are joined by guest artists from throughout Greater Boston for this popular annual event. Meet the maker behind your gifts this season - you’ll have a story to tell when you give the gift and you’ll be supporting local artists for their work year round!
The Umbrella’s Ceramics Studio will be hosting a group sale of pottery and sculpture. Our community of faculty, students, and independent studio artists will be showing off a wide variety of artworks.
Off the Wall, our annual small works show, will be shown in the still transitioning gallery, opening November 30 through January 3 with works smaller than 14" x 14" and priced under $300, perfect for gifts and supporting local artists.
Musketaquid Arts & Environment will host ornament making with natural materials and an acorn raffle.
Haute Coffee will have beverages and treats for sale.
Mystic Quartet will perform at 1:00PM on Saturday December 1 and Second Wind at 1:00PM and Them City Ducks at 2:00PM on Sunday December 2.
Winter Market 2018 Guest Artists
- Ann Szerlip Glass Designs - Lampwork Glass Designs
- Catherin Pritchett - Fiber
- Chikako Designs - Fiber handbags & accessories
- Concord Revolutions - Woodturned Gifts
- Heavenly Cranes - Paper jewelry
- Kathy Mayer - Stained Glass Designs
- Kelly Fabric Creations - Floorcloths
- Loomination - Inspired design woven by hand
- Marian Ives - Ornaments & Weathervanes
- Nancy Marland Jewelry - Fine Jewelry
- Nina Lapchyk - Handpainted silk scarves
- Robert Bicknell Photography
- Sarah Caruso Ceramics - Clay
- St Germain Crafts - Wood Turned Bowls
- Shayne Loeffler - Handmade bags
- Susan Bryant Caron Jewelry - Sterling silver wire jewelry
- Treeturn - Inkdrawn Woodwn Bowls
- Turning Grace by Julie Hagan - Woodturned gifts
Participating Umbrella Studio Artists
- Andy Newman - Paintings
- Anne Denna - Paintings
- Barbara Willis - Fiber Art and Weaving
- Carole Parrish - Pastels and Paintings
- Deb Loverd - Paintings & Prints
- Deb Richardson - Fine Jewelry
- Denise Kracz - Paintings
- Linda Grom - Paintings
- Jean Lightman - Paintings
- Kayo Burmon - Paintings
- Lois Andersen - Paintings
- Louise Arnold - Paintings
- Lonnie Harvey - Monoprints
- Ilse Plume - Book Art & Monoprints
- Jean Lightman - Paintings
- Margaret Savage - Paintings
- Jonathan Smith - Paintings
- Max Payne - Mixed media
- Nancy Arkuss - Ceramic art and sculpture
- Nancy Roberts - Photorgaphy
- The Nature Connection - Screenprinted T-shirts & Books
- Nicholas Mancini 2018-2019 Artist-in-Residence
- Paul Ruhlmann - Woodworking
- Pierre Chiha - Photography
- Sing Hanson - Photography
- Tina Forbes - Ceramic Arts
- Tracy Bull - Functional Fused Glass
- Wayne Geehan - Books and illustrations