Ceramics Studio Services
The studio is open for participating students and independent artists to drop off or pick up work during the following hours. The online reservation list is no longer necessary. We are currently only offering firing services to enrolled participants. Please use the sign in sheet at the front of the building when entering to pick up or drop off work.
The Clays we will have available are:
- B mix - Laguna WC 401
- Porcelain - Sheffield 92700
- Sculpture Clay - Sheffield S-14
- Speckled Clay - SheffieldT-360 M
- Brooklyn Red - Standard 308
- Black Clay - Standard 266
All broken pieces will be fired and placed on the pick-up racks. We will not be leaving any notes or explanations if things occur, but please know we will do our best to take the utmost care of your wares. We apologize in advance if items break. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
June 29 - July 2nd - SOLD OUT!
NEXT Soda Workshop: Summer 2021
4 Weeks: July 22, Aug 12, Aug 19, Aug 26: No Class: July 29, Aug 5.
This workshop will offer an in depth exploration of making and preparing work for our new soda kiln. Specific discussions and demonstrations will include: techniques for making interesting forms and textures, materials use and surface, and glazing. Students will also experience the loading and unloading process, as well as participate in a group critique and review.
Enrolled students and participants will receive a cubby for the duration of their enrollment. In order to keep a cubby space while not enrolling in studio services participants must pay a rental fee of $30/month. Any belongings left in a cubby that is not being reserved through enrollment or rental are subject to removal 2 weeks after classes/rental period ending.
Cleaning & Additional Safety Measures
Racks will be disinfected daily. Try to limit touching other’s pieces and consider wearing gloves. Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Masks must be worn at all times indoors by unvaccinated people.
- No guests are allowed.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently.
- Online registration is required to reserve studio time, no other times admitted.
- Notify the Education Director if exposed to COVID-19 for contact tracing.
- Use sanitizing spray or wipes after cleaning up to disinfect any tools or furniture.
Questions: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions about the process!