SummerArts @ Home
SummerArts @ Home 2021 - CLOSED and No Longer Available.
SummerArts @ Home is an engaging virtual arts program that offers both instructional teacher led classes and convenient do-it-yourself activities.
Open to all ages, but specifically geared towards Grades K-6. The a-la-carte enrollment makes the program customizable to fit into any type of summer plan. Register for any combination of weekly synchronous classes and asynchronous arts activities!
REGISTRATION & PRICING:
Important Registration Tip for PARENTS:
Create your Umbrella Account BEFORE adding registrations to the shopping cart!
Synchronous Classes - $75 per week.
Entitled “Weekly SummerArts @ Home” includes three teacher taught classes each week. Participants can choose to attend classes live or watch the class recording at a later, more convenient time. All recordings will be made available from the live broadcast until 11:59pm EST following the Sunday of the registered week. The Weekly SummerArts @ Home program is a great add-on for half-day campers and anyone looking for flexible, virtual and afternoon art making led by instructors!
Weekly SummerArts @ Home includes:
- Three Synchronous Virtual Classes - held on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday afternoons from 3:30pm - 4:30pm led by our practicing artists, arts educators, and teachers in a variety of mediums.
- Program Supplies - most supplies needed for the virtual lessons will be provided in a “Treasure Box” that can be picked up at The Umbrella.
- Free Family Activities - a variety of additional activities that can be done independently and not associated with the synchronous virtual classes are included in the Treasure Box.
- Special Feature in The Umbrella’s Virtual Gallery - all participants are invited to submit their finished SummerArts @ Home masterpieces to our #DiscoverYourArts Online Showcase Exhibition.
Synchronous Class Age Guidelines:
- A: Geared towards students ages 5-7 years.
- B: Geared towards students ages 8-13 years.
Asynchronous Art Activities (NOTE: Not available for purchase until June 1st 2021)
Asynchronous activities are great additions to the weekly SummerArts @ Home classes. These are additional self-contained art projects designed by our talented artist teachers. Instructions and materials are provided by The Umbrella so these projects can be worked on independently at a child's own speed or conveniently whenever inspiration strikes.
Level 1 Activity - $20 per activity
- Consists of a small art activity kit with provided written instructions and materials.
Level 2 Activity - $35 per activity
- Consists of a larger art activity kit with provided written instructions and materials. These activities may include a pre-recorded instructional lesson.
Asynchronous Age Guidelines:
Some specific activities may provide a general age recommendation, but most are open to students of all ages. More specific information can be found in the individual activity descriptions upon registration.
PROGRAM SUPPLY PICK-UP
Supplies for Synchronous Classes & Asynchronous Art Activities will be organized into a “Treasure Box.” Treasure Boxes may be picked up at The Umbrella during the designated pick up times and location - TBD.
Campers in half-day Summer Arts Under the Umbrella Camp can pick up their “Treasure Box” during the Monday camp check out.
REGISTRATION DATES & DEADLINES:
- Week 1: July 12 – July 16………………Closed.
- Week 2: July 19 – July 23………………Closed.
- Week 3: July 26 – July 30………………Closed.
- Week 4: August 2 – August 6…………..Closed.
- Week 5: August 9 – August 13…………Closed.
- Week 6: August 16 – August 20………..Closed.
Please Note: The Umbrella is migrating to a new reservations, payment, and communications system! Our new system will provide streamlined account management, conveniences and benefits to our community members. You will need to create a new account and opt-in for communications. Your account will be saved and can be used for ALL Umbrella purchases going forward. If you experience any difficulties, please let us know and our team will be happy to help.
Registration Tip for PARENTS: Create your Umbrella Account BEFORE adding items to the shopping cart!
Registrations close at 11:59pm EST on Sunday, 1 week prior to the start of the next SummerArts @ Home Program week.
Registrations after a deadline may be accepted on a space available basis with an additional fee of $10.
Parents must contact The Umbrella office by phone or in person and be ready to make payment at the time of registration and arrange pick up of program materials “Treasure Box” from The Umbrella, during the designated pick up times or make separate arrangements with the Education Staff.
Rebecca Campbell, Camp Director