The Umbrella @ Home
About The Umbrella @ Home Classes and Workshops
The Umbrella has cancelled all in-person arts education classes and workshops until further notice. Meanwhile, we have been hard at work investing in our ability to offer the best possible online arts education experiences that you have come to expect from The Umbrella. We will be adding online arts instruction opportunities, as well as free at-home DIY creative activities and artists demos on a rolling basis, so please check back frequently to our Current Classes section or subscribe to our newsletter for updates.
Additionally, we are now offering curbside clay purchasing and firing through The Umbrella! For more information on our curbside clay policies, go to our Ceramics @Home page!
More Information About Online Arts Education with The Umbrella @ Home
- We have invested in setting up Google Classroom for The Umbrella. With few exceptions, like Zoom, most art experiences will be set up in and conducted through Google Classroom.
- We have detailed step-by-step instructions available for the initial set up to help anyone access the art education experiences.
- We are anticipating running 2-month online semesters with classes running no more than 6 weeks. See projected schedule below.
- We are offering a wide variety of classes that meet regularly, workshops that meet once or twice, and art activities that can be downloaded and viewed on demand.
- We are working to make the online art experience at The Umbrella of the highest possible quality, secure, easy, affordable and a great way to connect with the community of other artists.
- We are working with some of your favorite teachers including: Mike Roche, Elizabeth Noonan, Becky Bearse, Renu Goyal, Lois Andersen, Kat O’Connor, Gillian Fraiser, Joy Buell, Alex Salzberg, Janet Scudder, Sarah Scoville, Alicia Herman, CC King, Sarah Bettencourt, and more.
- For more information, check out The Umbrella @Home's Frequently Asked Questions page.
Projected Schedule of Online Arts Education 2020-2021
- Spring 2020 Session: May/June - Registration opens - May 6
- Summer 2020 Session: July/August - Registration opens June 15
- Fall 2020 Session I: September/October - Registration opens Aug 15
- Fall 2020 Session II: November/December - Registration opens Oct 15
- Winter 2021 Session: January/February - Registration opens Dec 15
- Spring 2021 Session I: March/April - Registration opens Feb 15
- Spring 2021 Session II: May/June - Registration opens April 15
SUMMER ARTS @ HOME
The Umbrella @ Home Survey
We want to know what classes you're interested in! Fill out our survey and let us know the kind of classes that you would like to see online at The Umbrella.
Teacher Tips and Tricks
If you are teaching online through The Umbrella and are looking for additional resources, you can find them on our Teacher Tips and Tricks Page.
The Umbrella is always interested in new programs and teachers. If you are interested in teaching at The Umbrella, you can apply using this form. Thank you!