Change is in the Air: Art Walk
April 25-May 31
As part of The Umbrella Arts & Environment’s modified Earth Day Celebration for 2021, and the kick off to The Umbrella Artfest, we are organizing an Art Walk that approximates the route and spirit of our traditional Musketaquid Earth Day Parade through the town of Concord, and safely celebrates this year’s Earth Day theme of Air.
The Art Walk exhibits outdoor, air-inspired artwork by several regional artists that engages the element of Air -- whether banner, windchime, pinwheel, or any other creative forms. Explore the air-inspired art scattered throughout Concord Center’s conservation land, and use the QR codes on exhibition signs or the Artfest Kidstrack coloring activity sheet, self-guded audio tour Google Map, or our new Artfest App to listen to the artists discuss their work and inspirations.
- BARD | A Symphony of Wind @ Heywood Meadow, Ford Park [audio]
- Laurie Bogdan | Winds of Change @ Reformatory Bike Path [audio]
- Nayda Cuevas | Wish for Change @ Chamberlin Park [audio]
- Liz Helfer | Lightweight @ Millbrook Way [audio]
- Leah Medin | Medium Green @ Heywood Meadow [audio]
- Karen Krolak and Nicole Harris | aWays to Fathom: Middlesex edition @ Nashawtuc Hill [audio]
Pick up or download our Artfest Kidstrack activity sheet with a coloring page, map of Art Walk, and list of family events. Plus, family pods can reserve a timed spot for a special, limited capacity “Wish for Change” Sidewalk Chalk event in person with artist Nayda Cuevas at Chamberlin Park at a date in May. TBD. Artfest Kidstrack is sponsored by Arbella Insurance, Northbridge Insurance/Eastern Insurance Group LLC.
We are grateful to the Town of Concord Division of Natural Resources and the Concord Land Conservation Trust for hosting the inaugural Umbrella Arts & Environment Art Walk. This project is supported by funding from the Foundation for Metrowest.