Celebrate your child’s birthday at The Umbrella Arts Center!
What do we offer?
We offer creative, fun-filled parties for children ages 5 and up. Our parties include an art activity led by an Umbrella instructor and 30 minutes to celebrate as you wish. Birthday parties are available September - June on Saturdays between 10:00am - 6:00pm and Sundays between 10:00am - 2:00pm.
What can I bring to the party?
- Decorations (no piñatas or confetti please)
- Food and refreshments (nut-free facility)
- Plates, napkins, utensils, cups, etc.
What is expected of the party hosts?
- You may arrive 15 minutes early to decorate the celebration room with signs, streamers, balloons, etc. (no piñatas or confetti please) and serve food and refreshments during the 30-min celebration portion of the party.
- After the party, dispose of/remove all food items and decorations. Please leave the room as you found it.
- Parent/guardian supervision:
- Gr. K-2: at least two adults onsite
- Gr. 3+ at least one adult onsite
- Children must be accompanied by an adult in all parts of the building.
- The host family is responsible for staying with children that are dropped off for the party until they have been picked up after the event.
Birthday Party Offerings:
Arts & Crafts | $300 base price: includes a 2-hour party for up to 10 children, instruction, art supplies, and rental of two rooms. 1.5 hours of instructor-led art activity followed by 30 minutes to celebrate as you wish. + $25 fee for each additional guest (maximum: 20 children).
- Drawing & Painting Party
- Painting on a canvas
- Watercolor on paper
- Printmaking Party
- Printmaking on paper
- Printmaking on notecards: +$5 fee per attendee
- Printmaking on a canvas tote bag: +$10 fee per attendee
- Wearables/Mixed-Media Party
- Character/animal masks, crowns, or jewelry
- Hand-sewn felt toy/ornament (ages 7+)
- Handbuilding with Air-Dry Clay Party
- Handbuilding activity
- Handbuilding activity + glaze a pre-made piece: +$15 per attendee
Kiln-Fired Ceramics | $450 base price: Includes a party for up to 10 children, art supplies, instruction in a ceramics studio, and rental of an additional celebration room. Instructor-led art activity followed by 30 minutes to celebrate as you wish.
- Handbuilding Party (2 hours = $450)
- Handbuilding + glaze a pre-made piece (2 hours = $450) +$15 fee per attendee
- Wheel Throwing Party (2.5 hours = $485)
- Wheel Throwing + glaze a pre-made piece (3 hours = $520) +$15 fee per attendee
- Wheel-throwing parties are limited to 10 guests and the minimum age is 8.
- Handbuilding parties are limited to 15 guests (+$25 fee for each additional guest).
- Un-glazed pieces are not food-safe and cannot be used as functional tableware.
- Work will be available for pickup no later than 2 weeks after the date of the party. Items will be held for one month.
- While we do our best to care for all the work fired in our kilns, accidents do occur. The Umbrella is not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
How do I sign up?
- Birthday parties must be booked at least one month in advance.
- To reserve your birthday party, please fill out the corresponding form:
- Once an instructor is booked, a $50 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your reservation. The remaining balance is due the Monday following the party.
If you have any questions, contact Kyle Clifford at email@example.com or 978-371-0820 X 213.