Weekend Birthday Art Party Instructors
September 27, 2016 by Danielle
Description: The Umbrella Community Arts Center is seeking part time Birthday Party Teaching Artists for our weekend Birthday Party program. Seeking teachers in all media (painting, drawing, 2D and 3D mixed media, and woodworking) to build quality party themes and offerings listed on The Umbrella’s website: http://theumbrellaarts.org/program/birthday-parties
Birthday Teaching Artists work together with birthday parents to ensure a fun, relaxed atmosphere for our art filled parties. Artists will not only act as party hosts, but also lead the party guests in group art workshops. The projects will typically be determined by the interests and wishes of the families, though the specifics of the project are up to the artists. Hours are subject to party bookings, but can take place between the hours of 9am and 6pm.
Parties are scheduled for two hours:
- Saturdays between 10am – 6pm
- Sundays between 1pm – 6pm
The first hour, the kids create art. Kids work with the art instructor specialized in the medium of your choice. The kids work to create their masterpieces of art such as masks, puppets, paintings, collages, sculptures, and works of clay!
The second hour, the kids enjoy the party. Instructors should prepare to further engage the kids of necessary with additional art games or small projects.
- BA or MA in studio arts, art education, teaching or related field.
- Demonstrated technical skill in the subject or medium being taught.
- Prior classroom teaching experience is highly desirable.
- Enthusiastic, reliable, and creative.
- The ability to motivate and inspire in an open, creative way.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have availability on Saturdays & Sundays!
How to Apply:
1. Submit your resume
2. Submit a brief cover letter stating your interest and relevant experience.
3. (Optional) 3 professional references
4. (Optional) An artist’s portfolio or portfolio of student work.
Submit to: Danielle Moriarty, Education Associate at email@example.com