Outdoor Creative Sketching and Painting
Drawing and Painting inspired by the outdoor environment, with your choice of these materials: pencil, oil pastel, pen, marker, watercolor and/or acrylic paints. Realism and abstraction are both appropriate, experimentation and self expression are encouraged.
- Explore line, color, and texture in nature
- Investigate visual atmosphere and mood in the natural environment
- Practice drawing techniques, color mixing, and more
- Guidance and instruction is provided by the instructor
- Additional Options dependent on indoor or outdoor class site
- Direct printing from natural objects
- Incorporating Collage elements
Materials: Students should bring a 14x11" Sketchbooks (or a sketchbook of their preferred size) and their preferred medium, such as pencils, oil pastel set, pens, colored fine point permanent markers, watercolor and/or acrylic paints, varied brushes, small matte medium tube or container, artist eraser(s). Students should bring a chair with them.
Classes will be held virtually using Zoom and Google Classroom depending on the teacher’s preference. Some classes will include field trips to local Concord-area conservation land, where students will practice the skills they learn virtually. During these field trips, everyone will be required to wear a mask and appropriately social distance. Any questions about social distancing protocol can send inquiries to Caroline Provost at email@example.com.