Ceramics Studio Drop-in - June
June Drop-in Ceramics
The Umbrella’s Ceramic Studio Drop-in Program offers students a month of drop-in access to use the wheels, handbuild, or glaze. Enrolled students can reserve available 3-hour time slots on a weekly schedule.
Aside from the increased cleaning and spaced out equipment, studio operations will function normally. Clay is available for purchase, and students should observe signs on the mobile racks to store pieces coming in and out of the kilns.
The Ceramic Studio Drop-in Program is for experienced ceramicists only and those that are familiar with operations of a ceramics studio. Absolute beginners to ceramics are required to take at least one ceramics class (when available) at The Umbrella as a prerequisite to joining the Ceramics Studio Drop-in Program. If you are an experienced ceramics artist but are new to The Umbrella, you will only be required to take a 30-min orientation with the Ceramics Studio Technician. Contact: Zachary@theumbrellaarts.org for details and scheduling.
- Masks must be worn at all times indoors for unvaccinated people.
- No guests are allowed.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently.
- Online registration is required to reserve studio time, no other times admitted.
- Notify the Education Director if exposed to COVID-19 for contact tracing.
- Use sanitizing spray or wipes after cleaning up to disinfect any tools or furniture.
Note: Hours are subject to change at any time, access is limited during class time. The new sign-up sheet is made available on Fridays by 4pm for the following week. Students must arrive by 6pm for admission to the studio for evening sessions.
Price: $100 per month. $50 for 1/2 month.