Building the Arts Open House
January 10, 2019 by Stewart
AN AFTERNOON OF ART AND MAKING
@ The Umbrella Community Arts Center
40 Stow Street
Saturday, February 2, 2019
Join us to celebrate our new gallery and ceramics studios, explore our new Makerspace and workshop spaces, and experience the ongoing transformation of The Umbrella.
With free, family-friendly activities, exhibits, and winter treats
12:00 - 1:00 - MAKERSPACE COMMUNITY FORUM:
Before the Open House begins, please join us at noon to share your thoughts on what programming, equipment, and creative capabilities you would like to see in our new maker classroom, digital arts classroom, and fabrication lab.
1:00-4:00 - OPEN HOUSE
Drop-in to any of these fun, family-friendly activities, meet some of our wonderful teachers, and learn about upcoming classes and programs.
- A weaving project for kids in the Makerspace Classroom
- Add to a collaborative clay sculpture in the Ceramics Studio
- Try Lego robotics in the Digital Arts Classroom
- Storytelling in the Musketaquid Room
- Learn more about February and April School Vacation week programs, Summer camp, Spring 2019 classes for youth and Adults!
- Contribute your ideas and creative program interests for the Makers classrooms to the public forum brainstorm from earlier in the day
- Performing Arts, Past and Future, with Performing Arts Director Brian Boruta
"Migration: A curated exhibit of fiber arts". Join us in our newly renovated Main Gallery for a talk by the curator, Jess Muise, at 1:30 and 2:30.
Can you find these new –and old—building details?
3:30 - CELEBRATION:
Raise a mug to toast the creativity and generosity of our community and get an update on our Building the Arts campaign and expansion project. Warm beverages courtesy of Haute Coffee.
Free and open to the public