DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE (FULL-TIME)
The Umbrella Community Arts Center
ABOUT THE UMBRELLA
Since its founding in 1983, The Umbrella has served as a dynamic community arts center in the heart of Concord. This one-of-a-kind arts center brings an incredible array of programs under one roof. The Umbrella houses 58 resident artist studios, offers 250 arts education courses attracting 1600 children and adults annually, and presents 5 critically acclaimed theater productions each season. In addition, the Arts and Environment program combines creative self-expression focused on nature with environmental awareness and an Arts Gallery features exhibitions, artist’s talks, and lectures. A relatively new concert series has recently featured Lyle Lovett, Sara Bareilles, Bruce Hornsby, and Jewel, among others.
The Umbrella lives its values of creativity, collaboration, and community every day, whether in the arts classrooms or in the dance studio, backstage at the theater or on the front lawn for Earth Day.
Administrators and artists work side by side in a creative, energizing, and casual environment. At The Umbrella, everyone is inspired to lead a creative life.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Umbrella is looking for a full-time Development Associate to join the Development team. The Development Associate plays an important role by providing critical support and participating in all fundraising activities including our annual giving program, gala, special events, and campaign cultivation, and stewardship. The position is responsible for gift entry and the timely follow up to ensure good stewardship and fundraising reporting. The position will help to expand and maintain our sponsorship program. The Development Associate reports to the Assistant Director of Development and is a key member of the Development team.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence within 48 hours of receipt.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed. Update and maintain database.
- Coordinate production and mailing of spring and year-end appeal letters as well as other development mailings.
- Assist in planning and implementation of cultivation events and other special events as needed.
- Assist with our Business Partners program to solicit and steward sponsors.
- Attend Committee meetings as needed.
- Maintain individual, corporate, foundation, and government donor files. Conduct research on prospective donors.
- Assist with grant writing and submitting materials for grants
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field with a minimum of two to three years’ experience in an administrative position, preferably in a nonprofit development office.
- A passion for the arts and the ability to communicate the importance of the creativity and the arts in a vibrant community.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with volunteers, donors, and colleagues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Database management experience – Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Highly motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who can work independently.
- Detail-oriented with ability to plan and execute complex initiatives. Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Strong sense of fundraising ethics and respect for confidentiality of donor information.
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and an optimistic and positive attitude.
- Periodic weekend or evening work required.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to attend off-site meetings as needed.
- Commitment to The Umbrella and working in a growing, thriving community arts center.
SALARY: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To express interest, please contact:
Interim Director of Development