Call to Artists: Art and Agriculture Seasonal Open Exhibits
The Concord Agriculture Committee is partnering with The Umbrella Musketaquid Arts & Environment program on a year-long project, “Art and Agriculture: Four Seasons on Concord Farms,” beginning in Spring 2015. This project includes both a juried Art and Agriculture gallery show in Fall 2016, as well as seasonal non-juried open exhibits.
Seasonal Non-Juried Open Exhibits
Community artists are invited to capture one or more seasons of Concord farm life in any medium. Artists may submit one piece per season for display, and work must be about or based on a participating Concord farm. Seasonal exhibits will be curated by Umbrella staff/artists and the local galleries and restaurants that will host the seasonal exhibitions. Two entries will be selected from each seasonal exhibit to appear in the final year-end exhibit in Fall 2016.
Farm Seasons, Registration, and Entry Dates
Seasonal pieces must reflect work done within the season, and be submitted ready to display by the dates listed. Participation is limited to 50 artists per season, with registrations accepted on a first-come first-served basis. A $35 per-season participation fee covers project costs.
Spring: March 21 – June 20, 2015
- Register by Wednesday, April 15, 2015
- Art entries due Saturday, August 1
Summer: June 22 – Sept 20, 2015
- Register by Friday, June 12, 2015
- Art entries due Monday, November 2
Fall: Sept 21 – Dec 20, 2015
- Register by Monday, September 14, 2015
- Art entries due Monday, February 1
Winter: Dec 21, 2015 – March 20, 2016
- Register by Monday, December 14, 2015
- Art entries due Monday, May 2, 2016
To Register: Email the following information to email@example.com by the seasonal deadline above, and send your check for $35 per season to The Umbrella, 40 Stow Street, Concord, MA 01742.
- Contact Information: Name, Mailing address, Email address, Phone
- Seasons you plan to submit: Spring 2015, Summer 2015, Fall 2015, Winter 2016
- Preferred medium (this information will help us start planning the exhibitions)
- A few sentences about why you want to participate in this program and your vision of what you, the farms, and the community will get out of it.
Thank you for participating!