The Umbrella Community Arts Center is looking to hire new teachers for our adult and youth and teen ceramics programs. We offer courses, workshops, and special events for all audiences.
Applicants and associated course proposals will be evaluated in comparison to current faculty and course offerings and by potential interest to the constituencies of The Umbrella. Proposals should be focused and concise.
In general, classes are long-term explorations of an art form and/or process giving students an opportunity to both learn and develop skills within one area. Classes can be run in 10, 8, or 6 week increments. Workshops can be from 1-6 hours/day. They should offer an introduction to a subject or technique.
The Umbrella Community Arts Center enriches lives and builds a vibrant community through the arts. We inspire creativity, learning, and personal growth through education, performing and visual arts, cultural events, and community collaborations.
Priority need is for teachers for Adult / Teen / Youth / Family classes and workshops:
Adult classes beginner and intermediate levels focusing on specific technique or skill
Youth and Teen ceramics hand-building and wheel-throwing classes Monday thru Thursday between 4pm & 6pm. Beginner and intermediate levels.
Saturday or Sunday workshops and birthday parties in ceramics
BA or MA in Studio Arts, Arts Education, or Teaching.
Demonstrated technical skill in the subject or medium being taught.
Prior Classroom Teaching Experience is highly desirable.
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume
- Submit a brief cover letter stating your interest and relevant experience
- (Optional) A course curriculum or sample lesson plan
- (Optional) 3 professional references will be required at the time of an interview
- (Optional) An artist’s portfolio or portfolio of student work at the time of an interview
Deadlines for Applications:
- Winter session (January through March) – Deadline, October 1
- Spring session (April through June) – Deadline, January 1