Adult Ceramics Instructor for Fall 2017
February 17, 2017 by Danielle
The Umbrella Community Arts Center is seeking a talented and creative teacher for our adult ceramics program. The right candidate should be able to facilitate an established group of committed students who operate at an advanced skill level. The instructor should be able to supplement a strong wheel based course, with hand-building elements and cone10 glaze instruction.
In general, our classes are long-term explorations of the medium and artistic process giving students an opportunity to both learn and develop skills within one area. Adult classes run in 10 week increments from September through December for the fall session.
Priority need is for an experienced professional teacher for our adult program in the following areas:
- Wheel working Fall 2017 & Fall 2018
- Wednesday Mornings 10am-1pm
- Intermediate & Advanced levels.
Submitted proposals should be focused and concise.
BA or MA in Studio Arts, Arts Education, or Teaching.
Demonstrated technical skill in the subject or medium being taught.
Prior Classroom Teaching Experience is highly desirable.
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume
- Submit a brief cover letter stating your interest and relevant experience
- (Optional) A course curriculum or sample lesson plan
- (Optional) 3 professional references will be required at the time of an interview
- (Optional) An artist’s portfolio or portfolio of student work at the time of an interview
Submit to: Caitlyn Marsh, Ceramic Program Manager at email@example.com
Deadlines for Applications:
- June 1st 2017